VT Coverts: Links & Resources
Other States Coverts and Coverts-Like Programs
- CT Extension Forestry Program
- NH Coverts Project
- Penn State Forest Stewards
- The Appalachian Hardwood Center
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
- NRCS Soil Survey Maps
- US Geological Survey - Free topo map download
- USDA - Farm Services Agency
- USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station
Vermont Government Programs
- Vt. Dept of Taxes - Current Use Program
- Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program (WHIP)
- Vermont Fish and Wildlife Programs
- Vermont Dept. of Fish and Wildlife
- Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
- Vt. Dept. of Forest, Parks, and Recreation
- Vt. Divison of Forestry - Organizational Chart
- Vt. Division of Forestry - Forestry Centennial - Climate Change and Forestry
- Vt. Geological Survey - Geology of Vermont
- Vt. Geological Survey - Maps on Line
- Forests Insects & Disease Conditions in Vermont 2008
Other Non-Profit Organizations
- American Treefarm System
- Arbor Day Foundation
- National Forestry Association
- National Woodlands Owners Association
- Northwoods Stewardship Center
- Rain Forest Alliance -FSC
- Sustainable Forest Initiative
- UVM - Vermont Monitoring Cooperative
- Vermont County Foresters
- Vermont Family Forests
- Vermont Land Trust
- Vermont Natural Resouces Council
- Vermont Woodlands Association
Resources - Forestry
- Harvesting Biomass From Your Woods
- Asian Longhorned Beetle
- Backyard Woods Guide by Arbor Day Foundation
- Call Before You Cut
- Center for Invasive Species & Ecosystem Health
- Emerald Ash Borer
- Forest Stewardship Council
- Information about subjects in Forestry
- NAASF Forest Landowners Guide to Internet Resources
- National Timber Tax Website
- NAPPO Phytosanitary Alert System
- Northern Woodlands Magazine
- Pest Resources for New England
- Society of American Foresters
- US Forest Service - Silvics Manuals Conifers and Hardwoods
- USDA - Vermont Forest Inventory & Analysis
- USDA Forest Service - Tree Species Distribution for Vermont
- USFS - Forest Insect and Disease Leaflets
- UVM Extension Forester and Stumpage Prices
- Vermont Invasive Plants
- Vermont Invasive Species
- Vermont Site Specific Information on Soils & Forest Management
- Vt. F,P, & R - Maple Tree Information
Resources - Wildlife
- All About Birds - The Cornell Lab of Ornithology
- American Woodcock Facts
- Care of the Mature Apple Tree
- Keeping Track
- NRCS - Apple Tree Release and Pruning for Wildlife
- Vermont Reptile & Amphibian Atlas
- American Woodcock Management
Wildlife Non-Profit Organizations
- American Bird Conservancy
- Audubon Vermont
- Bat Conservation International
- Center for Wildlife Information
- Ducks Unlimited
- National Wildlife Federation
- Ruffed Grouse Society
- The Nature Conservancy
- Vermont Fish and Wildlife Conservation Group
- Vermont Trout Unlimited
- Wildlife Management Institute
Vermont Coverts Sponsors
- Map My Land - Mapping Software for Plotting Property Lines & Boundaries for Creating Custom Parcel, Tract and Plat Maps. Designed for the Property Owner, Farmer, Real Estate Agent, Title Agent, Developer, Land Attorney, and Home Owner. - www.MapMyLand.com
- Working With Your Woodland - Beattie, Levine and Thompson. University Press of New England.
- A Guide To Logging Aesthetics - Jones. Northeast Regional Agricultural Engineering Service. Publication #NRAES-60
- Reading The Forested Landscape - Wessels. Countryman Press.
- The Nature of Vermont - Johnson. University Press of New England.
- The Northern Forest - Dobbs and Ober.
- The Woodland Steward - Fazio. The Woodland Press.
- The Tree Identification Book - Symonds.
- A Landowner's Guide to Building Forest Access Roads - Weist. USDA Forest Service Publication #NA-TP-06-98.
- Owning and Managing Forests - McEvoy. Island Press.
- Positive Impact Forestry - McEvoy. Island Press.
- A Sand Country Almanac - Leopold. Ballantine Press.
- Wetland. Woodland. Wildland - A Guide to the Natural Communities of Vermont - Thompson and Sorenson. University Press of New England.
- Wildlife Habitat Management for Vermont Woodlands-A Landowner's Guide. VT Fish and Wildlife Dept., Waterbury, VT.
- Management Guide for Deer Wintering Areas in Vermont - VT Forests and Parks and VT Fish and Wildlife Departments.
- Model Habitat Management Guidelines for Deer, Bear. Hare. Grouse. Turkey, Woodcock and Non-Game Wildlife -- VT Fish and Wildlife Department
- Mammal Tracks and Sign of the Northeast - Gibbons.
- Tracking and the Art of Seeing - Rezendes. Harper Collins.
- Nature Walks in Southern Vermont - Mark Mikolas
- Acceptable Management Practices for Maintaining Water Quality on Logging Jobs in Vermont - VT Dept. Forests, Parks and Recreation, Waterbury, VT.
- Earth Pond Sourcebook - Matson. Countryman Press.
- Pond and Brook - Caduto. University Press of New England.
- The Book of Swamp and Bog - Eastman. Stackpole Books.
- Earth Ponds: The Country Pond Maker's Guide to Building, Maintenance and Restoration - by Vermonter Tim Matson
Nonfiction Childrens books about Woodlands and Wildlife:
Last Updated: Mar 9, 2013